Authentication servers are at the heart of today’s organizations, providing a standard way to unify user identities and resources. Organizations invest time and energy in the selection, integration, and configuration of authentication servers. Because authentication servers store sensitive information, such as user passwords, these systems tend to be highly secure. Typically, organizations will resist making modifications to their authentication service, so third-party solutions must work with, but not modify, the authentication server.
Some of the largest deployments, including those in the education and European markets, use Novell eDirectory to satisfy directory service needs. The Leostream Connection Broker is the only available broker that integrates with eDirectory.
Using the Leostream Connection Broker, organizations can:
- Continue to use their existing eDirectory authentication server to sign users into the Connection Broker.
- Ensure that their eDirectory structure is not modified or expanded.
- Use multi-factor authentication to add an extra security layer to the eDirectory authentication.
- Provide single sign-on for the end-user logging in from a Novell client.
- Combine with other authentication servers.
Leostream partners with Unidesk to provide eDirectory customers with even more functionality and flexibilty. View this on-demand Webcast to learn more about the unique challenges eDirectory users face, and how the combined solution from Unidesk and Leostream can help achieve VDI success.