Leostream Solutions for Healthcare
Healthcare organizations continually need to find ways to support high-quality patient care, deliver ultra-reliable business systems, and ensure compliance with government regulations such as HIPAA, all while containing costs. In addition, organizations need to make confidential data available to a mobile staff, safely and securely, as penalties for data breaches pose serious legal and financial risks.
At the same time, the clinical and administrative staff is increasingly dependent on IT systems, with more hospitals moving to electronic medical records, online prescription, and clinical IT systems. Many healthcare organizations are looking to desktop virtualization as a cost-effective solution to provide fast and reliable access to these systems, ease systems management, and protect confidential data by keeping it off of end-user terminals.
The Leostream Connection Broker is the critical management layer for desktop virtualization in healthcare environments. The industry-leading solution for integrating advanced security with virtualized end-user resources, the Leostream Connection Broker maximizes the availability of desktops and provides the added benefit of single sign-on, resulting in quicker and more convenient desktop access for users. In addition, the Connection Broker supports an organization’s compliance initiatives by giving IT considerably more control over end-user resources than with traditional desktops.
With Leostream, healthcare organizations benefit from:
- Advanced security: Support for two-factor authentication with smart cards, biometrics, and proximity cards. The partnerships of Leostream with Ensure Technologies and RF Ideas provides hands-free, secure access to desktops in the datacenter.
- Location-based access: Customized policies provide access to desktops and applications by end-user location and role.
- Enhanced compliance: Aids with compliance initiatives by providing full system logging, keeping data "off the edges" of the network, while providing fast, convenient end-user access.
- Optimal flexibility: Enables organizations to repurpose or refresh client hardware, resulting in cost savings by repurposing fat clients to deliver desktops or implementing smaller, thin clients.
- Fine-grained control: Enables granular VDI access through customizable policies based on location, user, and USB rights.