Using Citrix® XenDesktop® and XenApp software with the Leostream Connection Broker, organizations can provide a complete desktop and application delivery system delivered with high performance Citrix HDX technology. In a Citrix environment, the Citrix XenServer® hypervisor can host the Leostream Connection Broker and other Microsoft® Windows® and Linux® VMs, while the XenApp farm centrally manages applications to make available to users on demand. The Connection Broker allows organizations to deliver desktops that are already assigned by the Citrix Desktop Delivery Controller, or generate new assignments inside XenDesktop.
Citrix XenDesktop Support
The Leostream Connection Broker integrates with Citrix XenDesktop farms to allow users to connect to desktops using Citrix HDX technology. Users can connect to resources that are already assigned to them by the Citrix Desktop Deliver Controller, or, using the Connection Broker feature to push assignments into XenDesktop, can establish HDX connections to newly assigned desktops. By allowing Leostream to manage assignments in XenDestkop, administrators manage all resource assignments from a single console, and end users access all resources from a single end-point.
Citrix XenApp Support
Integrating application delivery with VDI requires a connection broker that can deliver both applications and desktops. The Leostream Connection Broker integrates with Citrix XenApp to deliver hosted applications to end users logging in through Leostream Connect clients and Wyse thin clients. Users can simultaneously connect to multiple desktops and applications.
Using the Leostream Connection Broker, organizations can:
- Support a Citrix VDI by installing the Leostream Connection Broker on XenServer and managing XenServer VMs, XenDesktop Desktop Groups, and XenApp desktops and applications.
- Deliver XenApp applications simultaneously with virtual and physical desktops.
- Create pools of desktops and applications for delivery to different groups of users.
- Use the Citrix ICA protocol and HDX technologies to connect users to applications and desktops.
- Deliver resources offered to a user from a Citrix XenApp Services Site alongside other Leostream offered resources
- Create new Desktop Groups inside XenDesktop, to provide HDX connections for newly assigned desktops.